The FUE ( Follicular Unit Extraction ) is the least invasive of the hair transplant techniques. This procedure leaves no linear scar in the donor area because it does not use a scalpel or stitches. FUE involves removing follicular units one by one from the donor area by using circular micro-punches of the diameter corresponding to the follicular units of the patient.
Why choose the FUE technique?
The main benefit that patients see in the FUE is the absence of linear scars from FUT in the donor area. But when FUE was developed, the primary motivation for doctors was not the absence of a scar but it was rather enlargement of the sampling area.
The advantages of the FUE:
- Limitation of the donor area and new sampling areas
- No scar in the sampling area which is important for those with very short hair
- More comfort in the donor area after grafts taken
- Picking up the finest hair from the back of the neck to use at the hairline or eyebrows
What to do before a hair transplant?
The outcome of your hair transplant does not depend solely on the expertise of the surgeon. Indeed, before a hair transplant, paying attention to the few points listed below can make a big difference:
- Your lifestyle: the key is a balanced diet. Of course, in this case, pay special attention to the nutrients that are important for the hair. Note that it is better to obtain them through food rather than food supplements.
- Caring for your hair: stop aggressive treatments. In particular, avoid permanent colorings and more generally skincare products that are not natural.
- The answers to your questions: a hair expert must be answer to all your questions.
What points should you pay attention to before having a FUE Hair Transplant?
- First, the reason for the hair loss must be determined
- You need to make sure that the hair transplant is necessary for you
- You need to know if your existing hair is sufficient for a hair transplant
- You must follow the advices of your surgeon after the operation
You should know that hair transplantation is a very serious operation. Therefore, the hair team should be managed by doctors. Choosing cosmetic surgeons or dermatologists increases the success rate of your hair transplant.
After a hair transplant, it is essential to take some precautions to promote the development of grafts:
- Adopt the correct sleeping position, so that the implanted area does not touch the pillow
- Do not use a hair dryer (or only the cold air function)
- Avoid coloring, styling sprays and other chemical-based hair products for up to one month after transplant
- Do not wear a helmet (bicycle or motorbike) for 1 month after the hair transplant.
Post-operative follow-up an appointment not to be missed:
It is very important to send us photos for a check-up 15 days after, 1 - 3-6-9 months and 1 year after the operation.
Effective and long-lasting, hair transplants make it possible to obtain a natural result and to regain dense hair. The indicators in cases of hair loss (androgenetic alopecia, sparse areas) and baldness, it is intended for both men and women.
What to expect after the operation?
After a hair transplant operation, you will have a bandage over your donor area and a band on your forehead to prevent swelling of your face. You will see small scabs in the implanted area and small red holes in the donor area which heal within 15 days.
You may feel swelling, itching, or mild pain for a few days after the hair transplant operation. These symptoms can be reduced with ice applications, moisturizers or symptomatic medications recommended by the doctor.